Apply for 2017 Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) Fully-funded PhD Scholarships for International Students here. Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) Scholarship for international applicants seeking admission to pursue a full-time PhD programme at NTU in August 2017.
Application Deadline: for January 2018 intake is 1st June 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International Students
To be taken at (country): National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore
Eligible Field of Study: PhD in Science, Engineering and Research
About Scholarship: The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) to offer PhD training to be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NUS or NTU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NUS or NTU.
Type: Full time PhD Research Scholarship
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- The scholarship is open to all international students
- Excellent academic results to be in the top 20% of your cohort
- Graduate with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from two academic referees
Number of Scholarships: up to 240
Value of Scholarship
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of PhD studies, which can support you comfortably. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination.
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies.
- One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of the programme
How to Apply: Hard copies of the following supporting documents must be submitted to the SINGA Office:
- A copy of your Identity Card or Passport
- Certified true copies of university transcript(s), one in English translation and the other in the original language
- Certified true copies of degree scroll(s) or a letter or certification from the university on your candidature if your degree scroll has not yet been conferred.
- Two Academic Referees’ Recommendation
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
Not compulsory but good to include (if any):
- A certified true copy of TOEFL / IELTS results
- A certified true copy of SAT I & II / GRE / GATE results
- Certified true copies of awards / prizes and certificates
- List of publications
- List of patents filed
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly click the link below:
Sponsors: Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
Important Notes: Only short-listed candidates will be notified within 10 weeks from the application closing date.