Research scholarships are available for international doctoral students at University of Sussex – UK, commencing their studies in September 2017, academic year 2017 – 2018.
The scholarships are available for one year, but can be renewed annually for up to 3 years for full time international doctoral students. This scholarship will be used to cover your international / overseas tuition fees and provide stipend. This scholarship only available for students applying PhD in School of English, School of History, Art History and Philosophy, and School of Media, Film and Music at University of Sussex.
Applicants must meet all the entry requirement for the program and the English language requirement as well. Recipients of the scholarships may be asked to be involved in supporting promotional or ambassadorial activities for the international partnership development program.
Level of Education
Scholarships available only for PhD research students.
Subjects or Fields of Study
Scholarships available for any of the following schools at University of Sussex:
- School of History, Art History and Philosophy
- School of Media, Film and Music
- School of English
Amount of Scholarships
This scholarship will pay the international / overseas tuition fees and provide stipend.
Duration of Scholarships
Scholarships available for 1 year and can be renewed annually for up to 3 years for full time doctoral students.
The eligibility criteria as follow:
- Future students must apply for a PhD at any of the schools listed above at University of Sussex.
- Applicants must begin their PhD academic studies in September 2017.
- Applicants must be classified as international / overseas students. Students from UK & EU are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must meet all the academic entry requirement for the program they want.
- Applicants must meet the English language entry requirement.
Number of Scholarships Available
10 international research scholarships are available for the most outstanding international PhD students.
Scholarships available for all international (non UK & EU) students. There is no other restriction or nationality criteria.
Please take note of the above eligibility criteria carefully and make sure you read the criteria and guidance notes for applicants available on their website.
Along with the scholarship application, applicants must also include their research project summary describing their overall goals and proposed timeline focusing on the logistics of the research and not on the theory, and 2 (two) references.
How to Apply
You must apply through their online application form for the PhD program you want and also submit the scholarship application form.
The closing date for the scholarship application is January 29, 2017.
Please take note of the deadline. Late submissions will not be entertained!
Please contact University of Sussex for more info.
- Recipients of the scholarships will be asked to support promotional or ambassadorial activities for international partnership development program for up to 6 hours / week and not exceeding 180 hours / academic year.
- Applicants must apply online for the PhD program and complete separate application form for the scholarship.
For further info please visit: www.sussex.ac.uk.