Apply for the 2016/2017 Shell (SPDC) Undergraduate Scholarship here. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL/TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture Scholarship Scheme offers second year students in all Nigerian Universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The scholarship aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The merit-based scholarship in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM)
National Merit Award (NM) is open to all Nigerians
Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM) is for Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and River States.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited course in an NUC-approved university in Nigeria,
- Have gained admission during the 2015/2016 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme,
- Have a minimum of seven credits, including Mathematics and English, in their O/Levels,
- Be enrolled full-time, in a university in Nigeria at the Undergraduate level and must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5 (attach transcripts or official records).
HOW TO APPLY
- Every applicant should have a valid personal email address (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the above eligibility criteria should apply online at: www.shellnigeria.com. Scanned copies of the following documents should be attached to the application:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e jpeg format, not more than 200 kilobytes)
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- JAMB Score;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin
3. Applicants for the Operational Area Awards must also upload scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
a) The Paramount Ruler of the Community; AND
b) The chairman of the Community (Developement or Executive) Council (CDC or CEC). The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Developement Company, Prodeco 5, Room 10, Shell Industial Area, Rumubiakani, Port Harcourt.
Please note : Each scanned document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG
Beware of the fraud websites when applying for scholarships online.
Such websites will ask you to pay for the programe, in some cases and before submitting the application. These are completely faux sites which should be avoided.
- Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENTS FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/’Agents’ to asist applicants’ process applications.
- Applications should be submitted online before Friday December 02, 2016.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Shell Undergraduate Scholarship was worth N50,000 annually some years ago. Later, it was N75,000. However, this year, beneficiaries were paid N100,000.
For a 6 years course, you will get (5*100) = N500,000.
Apply for this scholarship using only the link below:
For more information visit : http://www.shellnigeria.com
As you APPLY for the 2016/2017 SHELL (SPDC) UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP, the entire The World Scholarships wish you success!