Erasmus+, Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree program in Europe, is offering scholarships for new students commencing Master degree in Astronomy and Astrophysics.
Scholarships are available to cover registration fee, full insurance package, monthly contribution to subsistence for the entire duration of the program, contribution to travel and installation costs, free meals and lodging, and fee waivers.
The scholarships will be available for the duration of 2 (two) years. Scholarships are available for all students from any country: Europe and international students. There is no restriction on the nationality of the applicants. However, scholarships for students will be grouped based on their nationality.
The Master courses will be hosted by 5 partner universities and 4 research institutions as associated partners in Austria, Italy, Germany, and Serbia.
- University of Innsbruck, Austria
- University of Belgrade, Serbia
- University of Göttingen, Germany
- University of Padova, Italy
- University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
- Astronomical Observatory of Belgrade, Serbia
- Istituto Nazionale di Astrofisica, Italy
- Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare – Gran Sasso Science Institute, Italy
- Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, Germany
Level of Education
Scholarships only available for Master degree.
Subjects or Fields of Study
Scholarships available only for Astronomy and Astrophysics courses.
Amount of Scholarships
Scholarships available to cover:
- registration fee
- full insurance package
- contribution to subsistence costs
- contribution to travel and installation costs
- fee waiver
- free meals and lodging
Duration of Scholarships
Scholarships are available for the duration of the Master program: 2 years
To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must meet all the eligibility criteria below:
- Applicants must meet all the entry requirements for Master degree program.
- Applicants are welcome from any country: Europe or overseas students.
- Scholarships available for new students. Current students are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor degree in Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics, or Mathematics.
- Applicants must have a good and certified knowledge of the English language.
Number of Scholarships Available
A limited number of scholarships are available for this program. Please contact the committee for further information.
Scholarships available for all students from any country. There is no restriction on the nationality of the students. However, the scholarships will be divided into 2 (two) groups based on applicants’ nationality.
The selection committee will assess all applicants based on the following criteria:
- academic background
- English language competencies
- examination marks / obtained grades
- motivation letter
- astronomy / astrophysics related activities
- reference letters
How to Apply
You must apply online for the Master program. There are a list of documents that need to be submitted. All documents that are not in English language must be translated to English. You must send the certified English translation.
Please refer to their website for detail info of the list of documents required for this program.
The closing date for this scholarship program is November 30, 2016.
Please take note of the deadline. Late submissions will not be entertained!
Please contact the committee to know more about the result.
- The scholarships available only for NEW students. Current students are not eligible to apply.
- The scholarships only available for the standard period of the master program, up to 2 (two) years.
For further info please visit: www.astromundus.eu.